'blue rams impotency'

I (my ram male) had the same problem. If lowering pH will not help,=20
change the male. I had once a male who mated several times=20
(unsuccessfully) and after some time he just courted female, and she was=20
excited, and wanted to lay eggs, and then she was almost ready, he lost=20
any interest in her. She could not lay eggs by herself, and was unable to=
=20
dispose the eggs and finally died.
Change male

Lilia

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Andrew Lau wrote:

> i have several tanks- not unlike the described- however i have found
> that my pair of apistogramma agassizi have well and truly out bred the
> borelli counterparts that i have in a neighbouring tank.
>=20
> Also- can anyone help me in dealing with my 'Blue Rams'- (not sure about
> sc. name- dwarf cichlid from Germany)- i have a magnificent male but
> although he displays full breeding colours- he is unable to mate with a
> selection of females- i assume he is impotent- i have had suggestions
> about lowering pH to overcome this- can anyone help me please.
>=20
> thanks,
> Andrew.
>=20
> Mike & Diane Wise wrote:
> >=20
> > Personally I'd choose something other than A. borellii.  Coming from
> > close-to-subtropical areas of Brazil, Paraguay, and Argentina, it proba=
bly won't
> > tolerate warmer temperatures as well as would apistos from more tropica=
l areas.
> > They've even been known to handle temperatures in the mid-60s F (<20=BA=
 C) for