Re: Discus and Apistos

> Andy writes:
>
> > I am planning a 55 gallon planted tank with Apistos and a pair of Discus and
> >  some small tetras.  Any suggestions as to what type of apistos would be
> > great.
> >  I'm thinking Borelli.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'd like, of
> >  course, both the Discus and the Apistos to spawn in this tank.

I saw a pair of panduro spawning in an 80 gallon Discus tank today. It
was a bare tank, and the apistos were spawning in a corner. They were
defending 1/3 of the tank against half a dozen adult-sized discus, and
terrorizing them, even as they were laying the eggs.
It was something to think about.
- -Gary