Re: Discus and Apistos - It can work

Howdy-doo Keith,

K Kurko wrote:
...snip
> Hi Andy,
>
> I've successfully spawned first A. cacatuoides and  then later A. agassiz=
ii,
> (sequentially, not at the same time) in a heavily planted 90-gallon tank
> with lots of caves that also contained a spawning pair of Discus.  The
> Discus spawned on the leaf of a large Amazon sword plant.  The Apistos an=
> the Discus seemed to tolerate each other well in such a large tank with s=
> much visual and hiding cover.
>
> Cheers,
> Keith Kurko

please correct me if I'm wrong, but is there not a temperature difference=
=20
between the optimal conditions for keeping both, Discus and Apistos? I kept=
 and=20
bred my Apistos (ok, not even rare types: cacatoides, agassizii, borelli...=
) in=20
a temp. range of 24...26 C - The Discus (S. aequ. aequifasciata) I keep [no=
t=20
breed, no success :o{ ] in a range between 29...31 C. The other water condi=
tions=20
may be are similar ie soft 'n acid water. Maybe it is the "secret of breedi=
ng=20
Discus" to have other fish in the same tank ;^)

Best regards=20

                  Wilfred
     Wilfred Teiser - Germany
       phoenix1@t-online.de