Discus and Apistos - It can work

I am planning a 55 gallon planted tank with Apistos and a pair of Discus and
some small tetras. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'd like, of
course, both the Discus and the Apistos to spawn in this tank.
Andy

Hi Andy,

I've successfully spawned first A. cacatuoides and  then later A. agassizii,
(sequentially, not at the same time) in a heavily planted 90-gallon tank
with lots of caves that also contained a spawning pair of Discus.  The
Discus spawned on the leaf of a large Amazon sword plant.  The Apistos and
the Discus seemed to tolerate each other well in such a large tank with so
much visual and hiding cover.

Cheers,
Keith Kurko