Re: Carbonate reduction

In a message dated 6/14/98 9:07:13 AM EST, gomberg@wcf.com writes:

> Bob, most of the stuff you will need will run off a hose bib and can be
>  taken to your new digs.  And not too expensive either (much less than
>  $400).  On the other hand, if you move somewhere with soft water, you may
>  not need it.

Dave,
	So you're saying I can. like, run a garden hose to the garage, fill a barrel
with good water, and then unplug it?  That would work.
	As far as the soft water thing, I already have a total hardness reading of 70
ppm, and can use Mardel's <Tank Soft> very economically to get it down to
around 40ppm no problem.  It's this pH and its refusal to stay below 7.8 that
is kicking my butt.  I am thinking CO2 injection, but that depends on full-
time injection.  I would like to set it at a level and leave it there between
water changes.  I also don't think CO2 would push it down to the mid 5's that
my A. panduro like to spawn in.  That means eliminating the buffers, setting
the pH, and adding back a little buffer for safety's sake.  Sounds like I need
a big-time chemical lab to do that, but there should be something
straightforward that would work.

Bob