big problems with Ramirezi

I'm writing reporting something that I read in a news group here in Italy.

There are people who cannot keep their Ramirezi for more than a month
because they die in a very short time.

The sickness starts with one or more white points  in the middle of the
head, then they start to grow more rapidly and bigger, the fish dies in a
few days.

These white points grow and make the head of the Ramirezi horribly knobby.
lumpy (dictionary word, is that right?).

Is that a cancer or a a cyst? or what is happening to these Ramirezi?

Thanks a lot
Bye
Simone Vicini (svicini@lcnet.it)