Re: A. Resticulosa Blue Mask

George,

There is a "Blue mask" apisto being sold out of Asia.  I've never seen it, but my
old pen pal (Yup, pre-internet) Graham Rowe got some of these in Australia
recently.  After several emails back and forth he came to the conclusion that
they are either a very colorful form of A. sp. Blauglanz or something really
close to it.
The resticulosa-complex of regani-group has 15 species discussed in the
scientific and hobby literature.  Undoubtedly several are just geographical color
populations of the same species but there are at least 9 valid species in the
complex. Telling them apart requires good pictures and an eye for the subtle
differences in the finnage, and dark markings.  I'd be interested in seeing this
species for myself!

Mike Wise