Re: Brine Shrimp

> Once they have hatched, how long do they stay alive? I presume one hatching
> is
>  going to produce more than my fry can eat in a day?

1/8 tsp is about a days worth.  I would rather over-feed them than under-feed
them.  Feed about 1/2 in the morning, and 1/2 in the afternoon/evening.  On
the weekend when I am home, I prefer to split it three ways over the day.
Plus the parents are going to take their share as well, so it will go pretty
well.

Some of the bbs will end up dead in the gravel, so daily water changes of at
least 10% are critical to maintaining water quality.

>  I want to have a continuous supply-should I have 2 bottles running or is
one
>  enough?

I always run 2 bottles.  I rotate every day.  That gives the artemia eggs 18
hours to hatch before I start using them.  If I have lots of fry, from like
six or seven broods, or a couple broods of angels (which average about 400 per
spawn) I will get four or even six bottles going.  Dave Soares has three
plastic five-gallon water bottles that he cut the bottoms off of and inverted
with corks in the mouths.  He has lines in the corks with plastic airline
valves for draining the BBS into the net.  When I was there last,he was
feeding BBS exclusively.

>  Don't you just love this hobby?

Yep.  But it becomes addictive/obsessive

Bob