Fwd: R: ram breeding!!!!!

><> Nah, that's probably why they spawned!
>
>I agree- I get the impression that a good shock to the system makes
them breed
>- maybe that's why people get spawns soon after bringing fish home - It
could
>be some sort of survival ploy in that if their lives are threatened
they spawn
>to at least try and keep the species going. No?
>Jason
I agree too.  Some years ago, when I was trying to spawn oscars (before
one jumped up, knocked open the lid, and died), I searched on the
Internet for Oscar spawning info.  The one commonality is high
temperatures--85 degree plus.  I used to have rams spawn all the time.
My  rams  were always kept at around 85 degrees plus.  Rams start almost
glowing at the higher temperatures and look a little "shaggy" when kept
at too low a temperature. I think going up to 84 degrees triggered the
spawning.