Re: Pelvicahromis Info

>Good Day to everyone
>
>I`, looking for some info on the following Pelvicahromis ?
>P. bandewouri
>P.klugei
>P. nicholsi
>P.humilus
>P.nigeria red
>P.wouri
>P.kienke
>P.nange
>P.lobe
>
>Only want to purchase one, maybe two pair`s. Any suggest????
>
>I am planning on breeding them. Looking  for something that is rare ,
>hard to get, lot of colour`s  and different.
>George

George,
The Tetra book on West Africans is probably the best pics and info easily
available.

All of the above are color varieties of P taeniatus except the humilis.
They are very hard on females and much more agressive than the taeniatus.
The "Nigerian red" could be a taeniatus or a humilis variety.  I am partial
to "Kienke" but most all the taeniatus are colorful. I hve no reference to
the "nicholsi". The "Lobe" is a more yellow variety. The "Wouri" females
are very distinctive and not easily mistaken for any other variety.
Most of the taeniatus do well in a 20 gallon aquaria in single pairs with
some dither fish.
They seem to like sand for digging and more than just one cave to choose from.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.

Mike