Re: Pelvicahromis Info

>> P. nicholsi
>I suspect that this will be Pseudocrenilabrus not
>Pelvicachromis. This is a nicely coloured egyptian
>mouthbrooder type.  They are attractive but a bit
>aggressive I believe.  Ken>>

Pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi pH6.5 - 7.0 are best housed in large tank 36"
densly planted particularly with indian fern floating on surface as females
take refuge there. One male to several females,remove females when
mouthbrooding into a maternity tank, fry are a good size but females in my
experience may eat the fry and  second day of being released.  The male is a
stunning fish in comparison to the female.  They will breed at 1".
Helen

>> I`m able to purchase the above Pelvicahromis next week,  plus the
>> following.
>> P.humilus
>Humilis is a separate species, the rest are taeniatus.
Ken

P.Humilis I would say are the most aggresive of the species mentioned in the
original mailing.  If chosen a large tank with plenty hiding places.
Helen.