Re: Crenicichla compressiceps

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayalauren@aol.com <Mayalauren@aol.com>
Subject: Crenicichla compressiceps

>Hello everyone,
>I'm not sure whether this is considered a dwarf- but I have the opportunity
>get some, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I'd
like
>to find out whether they're piscivores or not (L & S says they have very
small
>mouths).
>Any info would be great, no info would be understandable :-).
>Jason

Hello Jason,
I had the good fortune to obtain a pair of these beautiful dwarf pikes a
couple of years ago.
Unfortunately I housed them in my display Discus tank pH6.5 and sadly the
Pikes died.  Apparently the pH should be 7+ for this species.  Check out
Vinny Kutty's excellent Website on Pike cichlids
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491
Jason if you do not receive relevant information from the list if you wish I
could contact my friend in England who is somewhat a pike-idiot and I am
sure Graham will give you information.
Helen
Scotland UK