Pelvicachromis taeniatus tips

Hi to the apistogramma mailing list.

        I'm a newcomer here, living in France.
        I recently had the chance to buy a couple of Pelvicachromis
taeniatus Moliwe, captivity bred (eastern europe I think) of 3,5 cm for
the male and 3 cm for the female ( which incidentally has blue eyes, a
red belly but no horizontal black ray on the side as kym's P. Pulcher
female). As in Linke's book but with red belly.
        I keep them in a 160l tank (40 gal), fully planted with actually
zebra danios and guppies as dithers fishes.
        I will softly try to get the spawning's water datas proposed by
Linke in my tank.
        I've read many interesting things on the net about these lovely
fishes (the krib +++, the CHOP and many others), and i ask your netty
sagacity (is it understandable with no false meaning?) about tips and
lived experiences about the keeping end breeding of these fishes.
        Are they really tougher to make spawn than usual kribs ?
        Is the pH related sex ratio of 50% correctly goaled with a 6,2
pH ?

Expecting not to have posted a too much "newbyer" question, i would also
like to know if there is a way to search (with key words) the Apisto
mailing list archives without downloading the whole "thing" on my hard
disk.

Thanks in anticipation,
Moliwely your,
Colin Dujardin : coenga@infonie.fr