Re: Nanochromis Dimidiatus pairs wanted

>Sean,
>
>The fish called N. dimidiatus back in the 60s & 70s is no longer in the
>hobby. No
>one seems to know where Pierre Brichard collected his. Once he left the Congo,
>shipments of the beautiful fish (and many others) simply dried up. Since then
>many have tried to rediscover it but none have succeeded. The closest thing
>presently available is N. sp. Kisangani (=Silberbauch/Silver-belly). There's a
>good chance that this fish is just a geographic color variant of the
>really red
>N. dimidiatus of the past.
>
>Mike Wise

The N sp."Kisangani" I have are much more red-orange than the dimidiatus in
the pics. They are good parents and are not much problem in a community
tank with tetras and even some corys (West African corys of course VBG;-)
The fry are only about 3/8" and are all over an even color of light brown
or tan.
Mike