Re: Pelvicachromis scarimontis

In a message dated 10/26/98 3:32:17 PM, apistowise@bewellnet.com writes:

<<I submitted the question of  on the validity of the name Pelvicachromis
sacrimontis to the scientific community on the CICHLID-L mail list. From the
is
properly called by its previous common names Pv. sp. aff. pulcher or Giant
Krib.(Sorry I didn't get back to you before this.)>>

There was a previous thread on this species, and I got the impression that the
name sacrimontis had been published.  Link and Staek mention, under the
listing P.sp. aff. pulcher, that a Prof. Thys was in the process of publishing
the description of the species as P. sacrimontis,  and that book was published
in 1994.  Has the description still not been published, or has it been
published but not widely accepted?  Just curious.
Jeff Lehman