Re: Aquariums w/ good amazon exhibits

Clayton, Erica wrote:

> Tennessee has a pretty good exhibit.  I think it was 2 tanks, one decent
> size and the other enormous.  The smaller one had dwarfs, some kind of
> checkerboard I think.  Dallas World Aquarium has one of the newest
> amazon exhibits, but I haven't seen it yet.  There is also one up north
> (somewhere in Canada?) that is supposed to be good.  Sound familiar to
> anyone?
>
> Erica

Hi Erica,

Pardon my bias, but there is a relatively nice one, with a significant
fish compoenent, at the Vancouver Aquarium in Vancouver, British
Columbia, Canada. While there are at present no Apistos on display, that
will soon change as a result of my recent collecting trip to Peru. There
are, however, Laetacara and Microgeophagus species on display.

Lee Newman
Tropical Freshwater Aquarist and Curator of Tropical Fishes and the
Graham Amazon Gallery
Vancouver Aquarium