R: Wild nijsseni

I went to feed them and couldn't find them so I thought they could have
jumped out, I removed the rocks, the woods, then I searched..... nothing.

You know where they were?

Well I took them out with the woods... they are so scared in my tank that
they don't even save themselve, I'm so stupid, I will keep them in the tank
for two days without feeding or distubing, hope they recover well!!!!!!

Ignorance is one of the worst enemy!!!

Bye and tanks

----------
> Da: Darren J. Hanson <djhanson@calweb.com>
> A: apisto@majordomo.pobox.com
> Oggetto: Re: Wild nijsseni
> Data: marted́ 20 ottobre 1998 17.04
>
> > I saw that they are very, very shy and it's very difficoult to see
them, I
> > decided to put in the tank a guppy male to see the reaction, and
something
> > improved, is there a perfect dither for them?
> Sometimes dithers can help bring shy fish out and about. As for a
> perfect dither?.....There probably isn't one. Just put something in
> there and watch to see what happens. Guppies will definitely eat any fry
> they see swimming that will fit in their mouths.
>
> > The other problem is feeding, I menaged to feed them only live tubifex
> > because I don't have any other live food, and because I saw that they
don't
> > accept frozen bloodworms, flakes or pellets!!!!
> > Is there a way to let them accept frozen food, do I have to try with
frozen
> > Brine Shrimp, or with white mosquito larvae?
> Find out from the source that you got them from what they were feeding
> them. I find not feeding them for a couple days and then feeding them
> ground flake, they will eat something besides live worms. I have kept
> and bred them on flakes, live baby brine, and live/frozen adult shrimp.
> This was back in 1993 though.
>
> > I hope to get a male soon.
> Good luck.
>
> > They are preatty fishes, I'll take some pictures as soon as they get
less
> > shy
> They are very pretty fish. Good luck with them.
>
> Kaycy

Archives"!