Shipping (the last disgusted word)

I have a LITTLE BIT of a special deal with FedEx, nothing you couldn't get
with a little effort.

I went to the PO today to send two small boxes.  Value $90 each, 2#6oz
each.  PO will be a ton cheaper than FedEx, right?

Wrong.

PO =$5.60 (2-3 days if you are lucky), FedEx=$6.25 (2 days GUARANTEED)

And FedEx will come to my house to pick them up for that price.
And FedEx has online tracking.
And FedEx has parcel numbers so either end can track.
And FedEx has accounts so I just bill my account.
And FedEx has online paperwork, billing, pickup requesting.
And FedEx will pay if there is a loss because they are late.
And FedEx will accept a claim after 3 days (not 90 days like the PO)
And FedEx will settle the claim in 2 days (not 2 years like the PO)
And FedEx will be genuinely sorry if they screw up (not like the PO)
And FedEx will ask me to come back (the PO will have the FBI investigate my
loyalty)

Maybe I will ship with the PO next time I am too drunk to spell FedEx.
Don't wait up guys.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg@wcf.com