Re: New Fish Room -Reply -Reply

>>A refrigerator will have to sub for the fermentor!<<

I don't do lagers, but as I recall they need to ferment around the
mid-fifties (degrees fareheit).  Isn;t that about the same tempurature for
white worms or grindals?

Pulling together a few ideas from several threads, such as only two tiers
of tanks, storage of food and supplies, and sumps.  A lot of space can
be reclaimed under the rack.  Enclose it and you have a neat storage
area.  Put your sumps under the rack or as the bottom tank.  Buy one of
those Rubbermaid type drawer units, you know, the ones that come with
3-4 drawers on rolling wheels and you have your worm beds.

A couple of short shelves on top can work with plastic shoe boxes and
short storage tubs for fry grow out (and killie breeding).  The temps will
be wormer near the ceiling and you're not as concerned about the
asthetics (i.e., seeing into the tank) because you aren't intending them for
display.  Maybe up high is where you also keep your green water,
daphnia and other food cultures going.  Hmm...  I'm starting to get excited.
 Too bad I can't start for a while yet.

Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson