R: R: nijsseni aggro and spawning

> Simone,
>
> What Ken reports is true 90% of the time, but some mature females will
display a
> caudal patch similar to the male's when aggressively defending a
territory.

Ok, so I have a panduro female, I say this because she hadn't the caudal
patch at all before the male came in and she also doesn't have  the black
patch on the gills, that should become greenish when defending a territory
or when showing aggressiveness, but she is showing only the round patch on
the body that as soon as the male came in has changed its colours to a
greenish tonality, and is always like that now.

The black marking on the caudal fin has appeared, as I said, as soon as the
male came in and it's perfectly the same as the one that the panduro male
has, so It's not really like the patch that nijsseni female has, but it's
like an irregular almost triangular big spot.

Looking at the mouth I'd really cannot say anything more. It's too
diffucult to decide, she is preatty small yet.

The male is definetly a nijsseni specimen. Well that's what I think :-)))

> All of this was explained in Römer's manuscript that he submitted for
publication.
> It even included statistical graphing that compares jaw lengths between
these two
> species plus A. norberti & A. payaminonis. It also describes
crossbreeding behavior
> and results. Most of this was edited out of the published version of the
original
> description. I don't blame Uwe for being upset with the publishers and
for the
> panning of his description by some other ichthyologists. Hardly any of it
can be
> blamed on him, if any!

> Mike Wise

Thanks Mike