Re: advice on Dicrossus Maculatus

lewis weil wrote:

> Hmm. I have always heard Ramerizi was a harem breeder. I was just
> guessing for curviceps. <snip> Also is mac. monogamous? From
> what I have gotten from Randy's page I think they are harem breeders.
>
> Lewis

Multiple females of maculatus have successfully spawned and concurrently raised
fry with a single male.  For me, as many as three females in a 20-high.  My
Microgeophagus and Laetacara have proven to spawn and guard eggs as a pair.  The
conclusion of my article (yet to be posted) discusses each of these points.

--Randy