Re: unitentified sp.

Jason,

Mayalauren@aol.com wrote:

> One last try!!
> Okay page 125 top two A. paucisquamis.

Right! All specimens of the elizabethae-complex show a secondary lateral band
below the primary one, even A. elizabethae (when dead). Römer considers this
complex to be a sub-complex of the bitaeniata-complex.

> Page 128    Top left A. smaragd

Sorry, A. sp. Smaragd (Emerald) is actually a green color variant of A. geisleri,
a member of the regani-complex. Don't feel too bad about missing this one, this
species is rarely seen or reported on in the hobby.

>                  Mid right  A.sp four stripes/agacucho.

Right, again. I don't know exactly where the misspelled term "agacucho" first
found its way into the hobby. It's actually supposed to be Ayacucho, after Puerto
Ayacucho, Venezuela. This is one of the export stations from which this species
has be shipped. It's also known from the upper Rio Negro, so I woundn't be
surprised if it's found in streams between these two locations.

> And if I don't have any right I'm gonna quit apistos and go buy me an oscar!!
> Jason

Your apistos have been saved from the jaws of an oscar!Any guesses on the two
fish, p. 128 mid & bottom left?

Mike Wise