Re: unitentified sp.

Bork admitted before the book came out that the fish he listed under A. pulchra
wasn't the true pulchra. Since it was already printed, there wasn't much anyone
could do. Let's face it, books are usually out of date by the time they're
published. Actually this species is an undescribed fish that Heiko Bleher
mis-ID'd at the 1997 ACA convention (Chicago) as A. steindachneri. Marco Lacerda
(Apisto Heaven/Trop Rio) originally offered it under the name A. sp. Lyretail/Rio
Purus. It was then introduced in Japan by Yamazaki, et. al. in 1997 as A. sp.
Rondonia. In Germany, Koslowski introduced it as A. sp. Erdfresser (Earth-eater).

Mike Wise