Re: Culled?

Mayalauren@aol.com wrote:

> I have to say A.cruzi.
> Jason

That's what I'd call it. The lateral band is too wide for A. moae, besides A.
moae doesn't have abdominal stripes. The only eunotus-complex fish that show
abdominal stripes right now are some A. eunotus (very pale), A. cruzi, and A. sp.
Orangestreifen (Orange-striped). The Aqualog fish isn't A. eunotus; it doesn't
show a split in the bottom of Bar 6.

It doesn't really look like A. sp. Orangestreifen either. This undescribed
species has orangish-red wavy abdominal stripes or orange spots between dark wavy
stripes. The stripes on the Aqualog fish are more even. The Orangestreifen Apisto
also has dorsal spots that bleed into the dorsal fin like those seen on
macmasteri-group females.

Next fish:
Page 63, third row (S03905-3): This should be a relatively easy one.

and finally,

Page 71, bottom row (S04270-3): Any guesses? Hint, look at the caudal spot.

Mike Wise