Re: Culled?

     Date:
          Thu, 22 Oct 1998 06:52:40 +0100
    From:
          "Helen Burns" <hlnburns@thefree.net>
       To:
          <apisto@majordomo.pobox.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com>
To: apisto@majordomo.pobox.com <apisto@majordomo.pobox.com>
Date: 22 October 1998 00:29
Subject: Re: Culled?

>Next fish:
>Page 63, third row (S03905-3): This should be a relatively easy one.

A. Borellii (opal)

Correct!

>and finally,
>Page 71, bottom row (S04270-3): Any guesses? Hint, look at the caudal spot.

Don't know.
Helen

Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se wrote:

> > Page 71, bottom row (S04270-3): Any guesses? Hint, look at the caudal spot.
> >

> A. commbrae (or inconspicua, I never could distinguish between the two).
>
> Fredrik L.

Correct, it's one of them. The caudal peduncle patch (the cauldal spot combined
with a dark part of  Bar 7) is a diagnostic feature of species belonging to the
commbrae-complex. This fish looks like A. inconspicua to me. A. inconspicua can
be differentiated from A. commbrae by two features:

A. commbrae: Abdominal stripes are more prominent & the lateral band extends into
the caudal patch (Bar 7).

A. inconspicua: Abdominal stripes are pale or non-existent & the lateral band
doesn't reach the caudal patch, but only to Bar 6.

There are in my opinion other fish in Aqua log I'm not sure of, but this is just
a judgment call on my part. They aren't worth mentioning. Are there any other
questions you want answered about the Aqua log book?

Mike Wise