Re: FD Cyclops -Reply -Reply

>>What fishfood or people food is worth over a $100 a Pound?  Plus
shipping and handling?  Infusoria and green water are a lot cheaper than
that. <<

True.  But with young children, a home and an occasionally demanding
job, I find it difficult to maintain live food cultures consistently, even
hatching BBS can prove troublesome sometimes.  There have been
periods when I leave the house at 5:30 a.m. and don't get home until
11:00 p.m., then repeat the same routine the next morning.

This is not usual.  However, what is normal is to be running about with
Cub Scouts, dance lessons, church events, Karate lessons, soccer,
basketball, etc.  Oh, I also try to spend time with my wonderful wife too!
So to me as a hobbyist, having an expensive prepared food on hand is
not ridiculous.  It's a necessity.

I'm also interested if the Cyclops food is worth considering as a BBS
supplement.  Because they are filter feeders, they may ingest the
cyclops and add additional nutritional value to the food we feed the fry.

My son did a science project last year that, although not true scientifically
accurate, demonstrated that fry fed BBS with Selcon as a supplement
out grew and looked much better than those feed BBS alone or flake
food alone.

Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson