Re: splash tetra

> A couple of years ago I saw a nature documentery on TV, showing brood care of
> the splash tetra.  It was apparantly shot on location, although I don't
> remember where they said it was, if the did.  It is possible, of course that
> the sequence was shot in a vivarium or something simular, but as I remember it
> it looked like they went out and shot it in some Amzonian backwater.  If you
> can track down the film footage, (I don't know how you would do this, but I
> assume there has to be some way you can) perhaps you could find out from the
> producers the location in the wild.
> By the way, it was really fascinating watching the fish spawn, and seeing the
> male rush out to "splash" the eggs.
> Jeff
I have sent Simone a couple of photos of the 'Splashing Tetra' that I
had a year ago. It is a female and a male. In the Baensch Aquarium Atlas
#1 (revised) they are pictured on page 333 and are listed as Copella
arnoldi. Once Simone gets the photos up, my question would be if these
are the real ones you are talking about.

(give it a day or two to be put up)

Thank you

Kaycy

http://www.calweb.com/users/d/djhanson/index.htm