Re: Pinpoint pH meter

David Shim wrote:

> My Pinpoint has worked well and has proven to be an invaluable window into
> the water chemistry of my tanks.  Additional costs are a new probe every
> 12-18 months (US$50+ by mail order) and calibration fluid (about US$10
> annually).

I bought a pint of each of the two calibration fluids for under $5 a piece at a
local biological/chemistry supply store.  This will last for years!

My probe was barely drifting for the first 8 months, but then the unit (not the
probe) went bad.  The meter going bad is rare.  Nevertheless, "That Fish Place"
replaced the entire unit (new probe included) at no charge!  I didn't even have
to pay for any shipping.  The unit comes with a one year guarantee and the mail
order place readily handled it.

--Randy