Re: yeast's CO2 in Paris

On my 75 I use 2cups sugar, 2liter H2O and 1-2 gr. dry bakers yeast.
I think that this is alittle low, I could probably use 4liters on the tank. I
find that the same amount on a 30gal, for example, is a bit much. (CO2 levels
rise too high on the first couple of days.) I alieviate this by building in
home made air line valves that alow a kind of primative bubble counter. Anyhow
on the 75 there has never been a problem. The KH had been around 3 and I
haven't observed any major pH swings with this level. I renew the bottle every
two-three weeks. This is pretty standard I think, and it seems to work.
Granted I am sure that the yeast would be happier with more than just sugar,
but it works. Oh, I also insert the CO2 outlet into the filter to allow
maximum absorbtion. I've also tried to build little difusers for the CO2
without much success.
hope my rambling helps a bit.
--tarah