Laetacara problem.

Hello everyone...
I have a strange (new) problem. Aswell with my Laetacara curviceps and my L.
thayeri/flavilabris.
In the beginning everything goes well...
When a couple is laying there eggs everything goed well until the eggs
should hatch.
It's kind of common that the first time(s) eggs will be lost due to
unexperienced parents but what happens later is this.
(Always) the male hunts down the female untill she's dead (I wont let it go
that far but the male, and especialy the flavilabris, is a real killer)
I don't know the reason of that behaviour, the fish do have space enough
(about 120 cm.) and they do have natural ennemies.
>From the past I recall that esspecialy Aequidens (Laetacara) is kind of
peacefull, only now it's hopeless.
Everytime eggs are lost I have to rescue the female(s) or they will die!
Does anyone have any experience with this behaviour?
Please help, because I want to save the thayeri for the hobbiests in Holland
because this species is extremely rare up here!
greeting, Jan Busser