Re: A. 'Sunsset" (was:Apistos)

>Hello all,
>            in a possibly related issue a LFS got in a group of young A.
>norberti "Sunset" today.  I had previously thought that A. Sunset was a
>trifasciata like fish.  Are these two different species? What does each of
>them look like when adult?
>
>TIA
>Andy

Hi!
I'm sure there are many more qualified people to answer this but, I tell you
want I,ve heard/know about this fish. Although I don't think that they look
particularily like norbertii, they are supposed to be in the cacatoides
complex (and they look it too, big jaw, long, narrowish body, etc.) anyhow
there are great pictures on the web posted both on the krib and at julio
melgar's page(link at the krib) They don't strike me as being at all
trifastica like.
The fish, exspecially the females seem to have a lot of dark orange on their
bodies. I don't think this is breeding coloration, but just how they are
normally.(breeding coloration is more intense I think)
Anyhow the pictures on the web if you can view them will speak worlds more.
I have never heard of norberti "sunset" and would be prone to think that they
are the same fish, but you cannot really be sure.
I would be happy to post a more detailed description if necessary (granted
coming from my own four fish and no further experience)
Good luck fish identifying!
Tarah