Re: ramirezi and altispinosa

Joe,

I've been looking for the real Splash Tetra for a long time, too - about 25 years! From what I've read they are extremely rare in the hobby and only domestic breeders have them. No one really knows where they come from in the wild. They've been listed as coming from
anywhere from Guyana to the lower Amazon to the Rio Paraná. Do you think they could be extinct there? A scary thought.

Mike WIse