Re: growth rates

Frauley/Elson wrote:

> Hi all,
> After a fair 'apisto-drought', things are hopping in the fishroom. I'm
> raising my first ever batch of agassizii Alenquer, as well as a bunch of
> njisseni. Now, I find my cacatuoides have fry and my hongsloi are
> guarding.
> Agas have always been a frustrating species for me. These are my first
> fry of that species. How quickly do the fry grow? Slowly like veijita,
> quickly like njisseni or in between like cacatuoides? I confess, I value
> my little agas more than my little cacatuoides, but someone has to be
> raised with someone else. I don't want to put the cacatuoides into their
> growout tank if it'll result in the agas being out-competed.
> The ways of a small fishroom are convoluted.
> What has your experience been?
> -Gary

I've got eggs  the 17/10 , they ( about 20 )began to swimm the 21 . I
fed they with infusoria in the common tank ( 80 liters , a lot of
plants;Water : Ph 5.8 ,Temp 26°c and very soft water obtained with
reversed osmose + tape water + H3PO4 ; Population : 2 males + 4 females
Agassizi and 5 nanostommus marginatus ( I'm not sure marginatus may be
another type ) ) by introducing paddy rice .And now I've 6 (perhaps 7
)young ladies of 12 mm for the biggest and 8 mm for the smallest. they
take little artemias adults since a week.

Good luck
Jacques