Re: Pelv taeniatus

>>I've had my second pair of P. taeniatus "Wouri" spawn.  My first ate
>>their fry.  It seems that the wrigglers of these fish are smaller than
>>that of P. pulcher that I have spawned in the past.

Mike,

All the taeniatus fry seem to be smaller and they grow much slower than the
P. pulcher fry in my observations.  The largest male taeniatus that I have
observed is only 11 cm (tl) and I have seen some huge male pulcher. One
wild specimen was 15 cm TL.

I find most pulcher don't mind human observations while they fry are young.
My taeniatus will often eat fry at the intruding face of a child or overly
anxious adult peering into the tank while the fry are newly out of the cave.

As a note: I have recently obtained some taeniatus "Moliwe" to mix with the
strain I have that are loaded with caudil and dorsal dots. Some females
have 4 in the dorsal and the caudil.  Most wild ones that I have seen have
1 or 2 at the most on the females. I beleive these to be F1 .  Are there
others out there that would comment on their "Moliwe" dot quantities?

MikeD