RE: Apistogramma sp. Schwarzsaum

Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
http://www.wcf.com/wcf Said;
Can someone tell me why publishing on the web would not meet all these
criteria?

It may not be a standard currently but if you study the direction science is
headed it will probably happen sooner than later. Posting on the web would
lend itself (exceedingly well) to peer review and distribution needs. I can
see a system were a person would publish initially to a site for review and
after a period of time and editing it be pushed to another site for
permanent status. The only reason to publish it on paper is because books
don't suffer computer crashes as often. SO in answer to your question is
because no-one has formalized a system for doing so. Yet. imho

Erick Jones