Re: P. taeniatus sp.

In a message dated 12/18/98 10:33:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
windwalker@uky.campuscw.net writes:

> This sounds like the Pelvic. taeniatus "Nigerian green" variety.

That's what I was leaning towards too, however the only pic I have is in the
L&S book.
The red over the eye is a lot more prominent in my fish (and the other
specimens in the store), The upper lip of the male is pale yellow and both
fish have that banding across the forhead.The male is generally more colourful
than in the photo.
How true is the L&S photo?
Jason