Electronic Maps

One of the guys on our planned trip sent us some GIFs of the Amazon basin,
which reminded me that back in '91 as part of my PhD thesis work I was
able to work from a free CIA database of coordinates to produce extremely
detailed Antarctic maps.  The database shows land boundries, rivers, etc.
The only bummer was that it was this huge unweildy data file, and of
course had absolutely no labels on anything. Perhaps these files are the
basis for all the pay maps, and they're distinguished only by how many
labels folks have added to them.

I can see what my next Krib project might be: pin the apisto on the map.
:)

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson