Re: Special Christmas Gift

Mike & Diane Wise wrote:

> Hi all. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. I just couldn't help but let
> you know of a great gift I got for Christmas. I got a pair of maps. One
> is of Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay, & Uruguay. The other is a map of the
> entire Amazon Basin with even more detail! These are 1:4,000,000 scale
> (1"=100 km). The two maps cover both the Amazon & Paraguay/Paraná basins
> showing most of the streams and cities that we get so many of our fish
> from. Now if I can get the one for Venezuela, I'll have maps for
> everywhere our apistos are found.
>
> Mike Wise

Dear Mike:
If you are interested in even more detailed map of Brazilian Amazon, I
would suggest "Projeto Radambrasil - Amazonia Legal", which is divided
into two charts, and the scale is 1:2,500,000 (1cm = 25km).
They are pretty good, even for some small igarapes (=streams) names.
I also found one piece of "Brazilian Ecosystems", the book describing
every Brazilian Bio-Region in detail (many color photos, plant and
animals discussed in detail, with scientific names), like: Amazon
Rainforest, Atlantic Rainforest, Pantanal, and many others. I once
mentioned it to you, if you wish a copy, pls let me know.