Re: Artificially hatching Ram Eggs

I have mentioned before on this list that I totally disapprove of
artificially hatching cichlid spawns.  In five years my cichlids have
successfully reared their own fry, 59 species large and small with no
intervention from myself.
Both parents remaining in the tank.  I have never had either male or female
killing their partner.
Only on one occasion I had to remove the male, that was with Nannacara
anomala, the female was such a devoted mother she almost killed the male
when she appeared with the fry.  He lived to tell the tale.  If I have a
species that do not have successful spawnings I pass them onto another
hobbyist who have had success with them in the past.  I would never even
consider removing a spawn to artificially hatch.  I apologise for going on a
bit but battery farming is not an option for my cichlids anyway.
Helen