Re: Artificially hatching Ram Eggs

I found this to be a very interesting thread.  I have also heard that
after generations of stealing the eggs you are not selecting against the
bad parents.

Does anybody know anything for real about this?  Has a study been done or
is it merely hearsy?  Is this something that takes many generations, like
with really crappy commercial angels and discus?  Are the number of
egg/fry killing/eating parents on the rise due to this?  How many fish are
affected by this?  I mean that is only 1 out of each spawn will grow up to
be a bad parent that would kill fry if given the chance is this really
something to even be concerned about?

One thing I find lacking in much of the aquarium hobby is good, solid
facts that are documented.  We have so many myths and half understood
ideas that we really need to invest some time and figure this stuff out
for real instead of flaming people and being self-righteous.

Just some food for thought.

I am not a serious breeded as I don't even have any apistos and have yet
to spawn any.  I just like knowledge.

whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomarey
h                                                                        o
o    Mike Nielsen                                                        u
m    Department of Geography         THE OPTIMIST BELIEVES WE LIVE IN    ?
a    Harvill Bldg Box #2             THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS;    w
r    Tucson, AZ 85721                THE PESSIMIST FEARS THIS IS SO      h
e    mnielsen@u.arizona.edu                                              o
y                                                                        m
ou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whomareyou?whom?