Re: reducing water hardness for breeding discus

Thats not an easy one! Every keeper of soft water species struggles
with it. Personaly I would suggest an R.O. system in the long run its
the best choice. Alternativly you can try rain water if you have the
space for several barrels. Another option may be a  well, I have one
and I get water with less then 1DH, <1KH, and a Ph of 4.5.It did not
cost me very much to put in my well and I got all the tools I needed
at the local hardware store. Just some Idea's good luck
 Dave

---"Russell E. Stevens, III" <topgun3@gte.net> wrote:

> in dallas,tx water is hard...approx 200pm...am looking for an
inexpensive
> way to reduce the hardess thakinginto accoun multiple water changes
of
> 30% or more are performed per week, thanks, russ

Archives"!