From: John Wubbolt <BigJohnW@webtv.net>
To: apisto@majordomo.pobox.com <apisto@majordomo.pobox.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 12:18 AM
Subject: Re: reducing water hardness for breeding discus

Hello Kym
A friend of mine uses a system where he has 55 gallon garbage buckets on
like a small scooter ( the thing fits the bucket but has 4 wheels.)
Inside the bucket of water he has a one of those little giant water
pumps.   Coming out of the pump is a hose that he has hooked up a piece
of pvc piping that he has set up in a U shape.   This way it hangs onto
the tank and the open end either drains water out of the tank or fills
the tank back up.   It depends on which way he runs the water pump.
This way there is no lifting or carrying of water.   the wheels on the
bottom of the bucket do all the work.  That is if you have no steps and
a flat floor.   The best part is he isn't pregnant  or out of shape, he
just hates doing unnecessary work if he doesn't have to.   Saves alot of
time if you have alot of tanks.

John Wubbolt

Archives"!