Re: New P.taeniatus

Mayalauren@aol.com wrote:

> I'm going to be getting four varieties of wild taeniatus this weekend-
> Lokoundje, Wouri,Kienke, and one I'm not familiar with- Nyete.
> If anyone has any info on this one could you let me know.
> I have been told that taeniatus are best kept in groups of five...again what
> are peoples experiences.
> Many thanks
> Jason

Jason,

Nyete is a locality in the south of Cameroon, near the border of
Equitorial Guinea. From that region of Cameroon,  the taeniatus from
Lobe and Nyete (and Grand Batanga - does anyone still have this form?)
are variations of the same "theme". The males lack black spotting on the
caudal, as do the females on both the dorsal and caudal. Nyete is a very
nice fish and not very problematical to keep, breed and raise.

												Steve White