Re: Black Beach Sand

>The bottoms of the Amazon biotope waters tend to be covered in leaves
and
>other dark stuff.  My Apistos are always less skittish when the bottom
of
>their tanks are black.  If it were available here, I would certainly
try it.

I've seen some all black sand in the local gardener's outlet, haven't
tried the stuff yet though, it runs about $5 (canadian) per 2L bag.
This is a little too pricey
I use "The Answer" potting sand it is a nice dark gray colour and is
about $2 for a 4 1/2 liter bag,  This should be more commonly available
as I bought it at Home Depot.

Kevin