Re: Wild Apistos

At 07:49 AM 1/29/99 -0800, Bob wrote:
>I am interested in the postings you have made on the apisto mailing
>list about your trip. I am hoping to take a collecting trip in 2000.
>Are you on a commercial trip? I have looked into the Margarita trips,
>but, am not sure if it is the best way to go.
>Any advice you can give would be welcome.
>Also I would likely be interested in fish if you can bring some back.

I am now thinking you cannot do it in one trip, you need one to get
planning info so you can really do it the second time.  I am going for a
planning trip in March.  The best time to collect apistos is probably at
the lowest water times (otherwise the fish are up in root tangles).   That
does not mean you cannot collect well other times, just that different
techniques are needed.

I will be planning a trip for apisto collectors for Fall 1999 (I hope).  It
will be very affordable and designed to maximize your benefits from the
trip.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron