Ottos and fry

I have this ten gallon tank I was setting up for plants.  I dropped a pair of
cacatuoides in it to build up some nitrates a couple days before the planats
arrive.  The plants were late in shipping and now i have a female and thrity
or so fry in a brightly lit, non-planted tank.  Well, almost non-planted.
Hair algae has sprung up (can't imagine why :-)).  I am thinking of tossing in
some otocincluis cats, since they have always done a great job with this stuff
in the past.  Anyone out there have any experience with whether ottos will eat
fry?  SAEs are not available in the area, and I am hesitant to order any in as
I can't guarantee that that is really what I will get.

Bob Dixon