Re: Slow growers (was: Aggie "Alenquer")

John, My intention is not to put anyone down nor to think I'm brighter
then anyone. In the grand scheme of things who realy cares about dwarf
cihlids? probabaly less then 1% of the U.S. population. Its just us
hard core hobbyists. Honestly some of the comments I've heard from
both you and bob are examples of poor aquarium husbandry and I was
tring to help you both by pointing them out. In addition others are
out there and following and learning from what we say. Most of the
comments I made can be backed up by books and other aquarists
knowledgable on the subject. Really doing 30% water changes every two
weeks, feeding very heavy(and thus loading up your bio waste), and
getting your fish to mature slow is a no brainer. The facts are clear.
It works for you and your happy great thats what our hobby is all
about. But when you compare notes with me and tell me your fish are
maturing at 7 months, like bob, (and your doing all of the above) and
mine are maturing at 4 months( by the way several guys in my local
fish club are having the same results I have, by using good basic
aquarium practices) gee wiz its pretty elementry. I dont know
everything John I was tring to help. I reccomend the "cichlid
aquarium" its a good book on the basics of cichlid care and behavior,
and tank maintenance in general. If I hurt your feelings by my
comments i'm sorry it was not my intention, perhaps it is your pride
that is hurt please dont make this into a personal attack because its
not and the list does not need that.

Dave

---John Wubbolt <BigJohnW@webtv.net> wrote:

> To everyone out there
> Is this a list for exchanging information on raising, keeping and
> breeding Dwarf Cichlids or is this a list to let everyone know how
> bright you are?
> A few weeks ago I responded to a question about rams.   I stated
from my
> own personal experiences and someone tried flaming me for helping some
> one out.   As far as I know there isn't a right or wrong way to spawn
> anything.   If something works for you and doesn't for me doesn't mean
> your way is wrong.   Remember Dave that this list is about exchanging
> info.   There really isn't a right or wrong way on most things
aquarium
> related.   Putting someone down ( like you did to Bob ) for stating
> their experiences is a bit much.   Where do you get off knowing
> everything.   I've been spawning Apistos for around 10 years now and
I'm
> still learning new tricks, not that what I was doing before was
> necessarily wrong, just different.
> After spawning successfully over 15 species of Apistos alone gives me
> some experience and you don't have the right to tell someone their
info
> is wrong or misleading.   Let's stick to positive things on this
list or
> people will just sign off because of all the crap.   That's my 2 bits.
> John Wubbolt

Archives"!