Re: Tetra Medicated food

Hi,

happy new year,

        Thanks every body for the answer on the AML.
I'm going to seek for these Tetra Medicated food for internal parasite
control, the antibiotics in it seem to be a good broad spectrum choice,
AFAIK from human treatments i use. Medicated food seems interesting when
we don't want to go for a chemical war in The tank we love.

        About the two stage treatment with a therapeutic window between,
i think i would prefer a 10 day treatment with one stage, two or three
takes per day. The risk of antibiotic resistant pathogens emerging is
(AFAIK again from human therapy) more important with short treatments
which can "decapitate" the infection, leaving a few pathogens winning
resistance to the antibiotic.
        The other problem, is that you really cannot know the ingested
load of medication by your fish, especially if it is not hungry, so
longer treatment make me fill more secure for parasite eradication.

        The plus for a two stage treatment is in case of parasitic
infestation with a life part of the parasite out of the fish. Thus the
fish can be infested again after an initially good treatment. The second
stage goes against the reinfestation.

        The problem is that we usually (i think) don't know the pathogen
and thus treating blindly with broad spectrum antibiotics we can be very
effective or really inneffective against the pathogen(s).

Colin