Re: Fishroom Rack Plans for Comments/Suggestions -Reply

Bob wrote:
>>Angle iron is stronger per volume than wood, but will rust unless you
can either epoxy coat it or find a place that will powder coat it for you.  It
can give you more space between shelves.<

One of my killie friends uses it.  He paints it with Rustolium before
assembling and has had no problem with rusting.  Besides more spacing
be tween shelves, I was hoping to eliminate the two verticle supports in
the front to allow for more flexibility in tank selection.  But I worry that the
weight would cause the shelf to sag.

>>>8 Will the top shelf be too warm for worm cultures (my guess is
yes)?
Dunno.  I leave this for someone else to handle.<<

FYI - One of the killie guys, Richard Sexton, wrote "Depends on the kind
of worms: white worms like 60-65, grindals like it 70-80."
Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson