Re: P. Taeniatus Moliwe question and Tetra Medicated food

hi everybody,
        I found something interesting about white stingy feces on the
net, in the archives of the aquaworld magazine.
        An article by Toni-Ann Mistretta and Nick Edmunds, "Observations
from the Diagnosis and Treatment of Intestinal Problems ".
        The fish were Discus (you know, the big round and expensive
cichlid) and had white stringy feces and weakening of the fish for
symptoms.
        The little beast is named capillaria and was someway eradicated
by a metronidazole treatment.

        I'm not sure that i will find the tetra medicated food around
here. the LFS are full of every tetra products, unless this. I'll find
easily the metronidazole at work for a chemical war against the
"hairworm", if it seems really the thing to do.

        About the lazy Pelvicachromis males, i've just red something
about this today. Someone used a false P pulcher male painted (no color
printer yet), moving it in front of the tank to make concurrence to the
lazy one. it seemed he had success inducing spawn, the female was egg
full. If you have time to play the puppets with your fish, why not ?

Colin